COVID 19 Precautions
Please follow distancing rules on the trail. They are posted at trail entry/exit points. Wear a mask if you cannot maintain distancing.
Clean up after pets and keep them on a short leash.
- $200 fine for not picking up your dog’s waste
- $300 fine for off-leash dog. (If your dog injures someone, you could be subject to legal action and liable for larger financial costs.)
Leave Nothing Behind
Waste containers are located at most trail gateways. There are no containers on the trails themselves. Do not leave waste of any kind on the trail or surroundings.
General Rules for all Trail Users
- Do not take any vegetation/tree branches/flowers from the trail.
- No motorized vehicles.
- Be courteous to other trail users.
- Always stay to the right side of the trail.
- Give an audible warning and use caution when passing other trail users.
- Move off the trail surface when stopped, to allow others to pass.
Cyclists and Skaters Rules
- Wear an MTO approved helmet and appropriate safety gear.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another trail user.
- Announce your presence with a bell or quiet greeting and pass slowly. Don’t assume your bell was heard, if the other person is wearing headphones.
- Avoid harsh skids and any braking action that will damage the trail surface.
Trail Safety Tips
- Bring a cellphone with you in case you need to summon help.
- We recommend using the trail between dawn and dusk only. If it’s dark, carry a flashlight. If cycling in the dark, have a strong headlight and taillight on the bike.
- Walk single file on the right when being passed.