Please follow the rules!
Clean up after pets and keep them on a short leash.
- $200 fine for not picking up your dog’s waste
- $300 fine for off-leash dog. (If your dog injures someone, you could be subject to legal action and liable for larger financial costs.)
Waste containers are located at most trail gateways. There are no containers on the trails themselves. Do not leave waste of any kind on the trail or surroundings.
General Rules for all Trail Users
- Obey all posted rules.
- No motorized vehicles.
- Be courteous to other trail users.
- Always stay to the right side of the trail.
- Give an audible warning and use caution when passing other trail users.
- Move off the trail surface when stopped, to allow others to pass.
- Use caution approaching driveways.
- Wear proper safety equipment.
- Respect public and private property.
Cyclists and Skaters Rules
- Wear an MTO approved helmet and appropriate safety gear.
- Stay to the right except when passing.
- Slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another trail user.
- Announce your presence with a bell or quiet greeting and pass slowly. Don’t assume your bell was heard, if the other person is wearing headphones.
- Never use the trails to race.
- Travel slowly and always stay under control.
- Avoid harsh skids and any braking action that will damage the trail surface.
Trail Safety Tips
- If using the trails alone, bring a cellphone with you in case you need to summon help.
- We recommend using the trail between dawn and dusk only. If it’s dark, carry a flashlight. If cycling in the dark, have a strong headlight and taillight on the bike.
- Walk single file on the right when being passed.